Do you want lower-priced Toyota Tundra insurance in Atlanta? Paying low cost rates for Toyota Tundra insurance in Atlanta could be difficult for drivers new to buying insurance online. With so many options of companies in the marketplace, it can easily become a big hassle to find the best price in Georgia on Toyota Tundra insurance.
It's astonishing, but over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,722, Atlanta drivers could pocket up to 60% a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes as often as possible because prices change regularly. Just because you had the lowest quotes on Toyota Tundra insurance in Atlanta six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There are a lot of ways to save on Tundra insurance on the web, but I'm going to show you some tested techniques to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Atlanta.
Shopping for affordable auto insurance coverage in Atlanta is not as hard as you think. Nearly every car owner who wants cheaper auto insurance should get better rates. But Georgia vehicle owners must learn how companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to compare Toyota Tundra insurance quotes in Atlanta, Georgia
When shopping for inexpensive Atlanta auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The best method to find competitive Toyota Tundra insurance rates is to get quotes online. When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Atlanta, GA. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tundra Regular Cab 2WD||$254||$518||$502||$30||$150||$1,454||$121|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 2WD||$224||$380||$458||$28||$138||$1,228||$102|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 2WD||$188||$322||$444||$26||$134||$1,114||$93|
|Tundra Regular Cab 4WD||$166||$274||$426||$26||$128||$1,020||$85|
|Tundra Double Cab 4WD||$240||$426||$502||$30||$150||$1,348||$112|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 4WD||$348||$562||$458||$28||$138||$1,534||$128|
|Tundra Limited Double Cab 2WD||$344||$604||$444||$26||$134||$1,552||$129|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 2WD||$206||$372||$454||$26||$136||$1,194||$100|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 4WD||$204||$392||$502||$30||$150||$1,278||$107|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 4WD||$418||$828||$538||$32||$162||$1,978||$165|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise auto insurance rates noticeably.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Toyota Tundra car insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Choosing the best Toyota Tundra insurance in Georgia is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Toyota Tundra in Atlanta, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Toyota gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Get Toyota Tundra Insurance at a Discount
It's important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices. Many things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The following are just a few of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Decrease rates by maintaining coverage - Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time.
Drive less and get lower premiums - Driving a lot of miles in a year's time the higher your rate. Many insurance companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Tundra is throwing money out the window. It's a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
High physical damage deductibles save money - Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Improve your credit rating - An insured's credit score factor in determining what you pay. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit score is low, you could be paying less to insure your Toyota Tundra if you improve your credit rating.
Expect high rates for teens - Older people are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.Teen drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Tickets mean higher costs - Drivers who don't get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Just one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have careless violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to prove financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Claims statistics for a Toyota Tundra - Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that are shown to have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages.
The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Tundra vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Tundra Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Tundra CrewMax 2WD||88||105||96||63||75||94|
|Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4WD||97||113||105||64||51||77|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2WD||95||131||90||85||84||107|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD||86||112||93||53||55||79|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab LWB 4WD||93||115||69|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Atlanta car insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers that enable driving data submission to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on the web.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles on your Toyota can qualify you for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Driver Education Discount - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
Don't be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
If you need cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be offered in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies who offer online Toyota Tundra insurance quotes in Georgia, click here to view.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured's situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Is my Toyota Tundra covered if I use it for business?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Georgia?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Compare prices but buy from a local Atlanta insurance agent
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agents is important particularly in Atlanta.
By using this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local Atlanta insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures to choose from. Insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta that may be able to provide price quote information.
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (800) 634-2903 - View Map
- Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-3511 - View Map
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 633-6332 - View Map
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually well trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Atlanta willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Danny Gibson State Farm Insurance Agent
215 Piedmont Ave NE #1 - Atlanta, GA 30308 - (404) 524-2292 - View Map
- Ryan King - State Farm Insurance Agent
3355 Lenox Rd NE #230 - Atlanta, GA 30326 - (404) 816-3276 - View Map
- Bryant Thompson - State Farm Insurance Agent
2230 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 228-6085 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
After getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that can provide insurance coverage. Keep in mind you are able to cancel your coverage whenever you want so don't assume that you are obligated to a policy for the full term.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims and policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Toyota Tundra insurance prices in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Atlanta auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Affordable Toyota Tundra insurance in Atlanta is possible online and with local Atlanta insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller providers work with local independent agencies.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at these sites:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)