When searching for more affordable insurance, are you baffled by the wide range of car insurance choices in your area? Lot's of other people are too. There are such a large number of options that it can really be a real difficult job to find a cheaper company. Atlanta is a great city to raise a family in, but budgeting for expensive car insurance makes it difficult to afford coverage.
Sadly, over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in the United States could save an average of $860 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it's difficult to do a rate comparison.
It's a good habit to get comparison quotes occasionally because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rates on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Atlanta two years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we're going to show you how to quote online to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the concepts you're about to learn. Our objective is to introduce you to how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. Nevertheless, Georgia vehicle owners must comprehend how companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes will enable you to find more affordable rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online Atlanta e-Golf insurance quotes, so it's necessary to compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Determine discounts to get cheap Atlanta auto insurance quotes
Some companies do not list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Driver's Education for Students - Have your child take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Atlanta can save you money since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow data collection to look at driving manner by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Distant Student - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Atlanta and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Online Discount - A handful of companies give back up to $50 for signing up on their website.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
Some of the larger companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Atlanta. To locate auto insurance companies with discount rates in Georgia, click here.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though Atlanta e-Golf insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Volkswagen. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Georgia overpays more than $750 every year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
You may require the services of an agent
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Atlanta who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You never need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you directly. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How many years have they been established?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Two types of Atlanta car insurance agents
When finding local Atlanta agents, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Atlanta agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from exclusive agents partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Atlanta who may provide you with price quotes.
- Carter Nicholson - State Farm Insurance Agent
3040 Briarcliff Rd NE c - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 748-9739 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3680 Cascade Rd c - Atlanta, GA 30331 - (404) 472-9003 - View Map
- Mark Pritchard - State Farm Insurance Agent
3280 Howell Mill Rd NW #107 - Atlanta, GA 30327 - (404) 856-4950 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, it's a good idea to include price quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta willing to provide price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Slater Insurance Agency LLC
501 Pulliam St SW #514a - Atlanta, GA 30312 - (404) 474-6356 - View Map
- Georgia Insurance Brokerage
193 Auburn Ave NE - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (404) 525-1600 - View Map
- Five Star Insurance Agency
191 Peachtree St NE Suite 3300 - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (678) 526-7979 - View Map
After receiving good answers for all questions you ask as well as low cost Volkswagen e-Golf insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.