Want to learn how to save money and find more competitive Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Atlanta? Paying for overpriced Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Atlanta can consume your personal savings and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Comparing rate quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, most drivers in Georgia have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Many consumers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
People have many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to compare rates for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Atlanta.
Choosing the best rates in Atlanta is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. But Georgia vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies market on the web and use it to your advantage.
Learn How to Quote Auto Insurance Cheaper
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Driving citations will cost you – Having a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Attentive drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. People who have careless tickets like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Reduce auto insurance rates by driving safer cars – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Volkswagen Jetta is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Getting married can lower prices – Getting married can actually save you money on auto insurance. It usually means you are more financially stable and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Responsible credit equals lower costs – Having a good credit rating factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit. If your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your Volkswagen Jetta if you improve your credit rating.
- Insurance loss data for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles – Companies analyze the history of losses when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Volkswagen Jetta Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Jetta 110 118 93 113 123 127 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 128 121 114 104
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
To get low cost Atlanta car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from many car insurance companies in Georgia. The easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is to perform an online rate comparison.
It’s so easy to compare rates online that it makes it obsolete to waste gas driving to different Atlanta agent offices. Comparing Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the personal advice of a licensed agent. You can, however, comparison shop your insurance online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When quoting car insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get Atlanta Jetta insurance quotes online, so it’s important to also get price estimates from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$324||$690||$512||$30||$154||$1,710||$143|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$238||$436||$322||$18||$96||$1,110||$93|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$322||$516||$30||$154||$1,236||$103|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$344||$604||$394||$24||$118||$1,484||$124|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$164||$316||$314||$18||$94||$906||$76|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$380||$742||$532||$32||$158||$1,844||$154|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$310||$598||$532||$32||$158||$1,630||$136|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$274||$560||$404||$24||$122||$1,384||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can affect price quotes substantially.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Volkswagen Jetta insurance premiums for each age group. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Georgia and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Volkswagen Jetta has a lien holder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your policy.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could qualify for substantially lower insurance rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, safe driver, good student, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and driver training.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-car, education and occupation, good driver, and good student.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, air bags, accident-free, TimeAway discount, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, anti-theft, good student, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Atlanta.
Car insurance agents are professional risk managers
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is there a local claims center in Atlanta?
When finding a good Atlanta insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Atlanta that can give you price quote information.
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you should always get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent agencies in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 817-9744 – View Map
Quote often and quote early
Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agents. Discount Volkswagen Jetta insurance is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Atlanta, GA? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)