Are you looking for lower-priced Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Atlanta? Do you get exhausted from not being able to afford to keep your car insured? You are no different than millions of other people.
A recent insurance study revealed that most insurance policyholders in Georgia kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheap insurance rates.
Big companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive continually bombard you with ads and it is difficult to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the fact car insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details including whether your vehicle is owned or leased, your job, how you use your vehicles, and how many miles driven. That rating data is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Georgia. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Take policy discounts and save on Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Atlanta
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Atlanta auto insurance online.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few insurance companies.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring several vehicles on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current Rabbit insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable data collection to scrutinize driving habits remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will reduce the cost of your policy.
Some companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Atlanta. To find insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Georgia, click here.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high cost, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Georgia overpays as much as $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Exclusive and independent auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Atlanta who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Types of car insurance agents
If you want a reliable agent, there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are Atlanta independent agencies who can help you get price quotes.