Price shopping your Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Atlanta could be kind of frustrating for drivers who have little experience buying insurance online. With so many insurance agents and insurers to choose from, it can turn into a difficult mission to find more affordable Volkswagen Tiguan insurance rates.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Atlanta drivers can save about 60% each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they changed companies.
You need to price shop coverage periodically because rates tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest rate on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Atlanta last year the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. You can search a lot of Tiguan insurance online but you can learn some of the best ways to find cheap insurance in Atlanta.
The intent of this article is to teach you a little about how to effectively get price quotes and also pocket some savings If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using these methods. But Georgia consumers benefit from understanding the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Most major insurance companies allow consumers to get prices for coverage on their websites. Getting online rates for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Atlanta is pretty painless as you just type in your coverage information into the form. When the form is submitted, the system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on many factors.
The ability to get online rates for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Atlanta makes it simple to compare prices and it’s necessary to do this if you are searching for cheap auto insurance pricing.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will have rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$262||$502||$352||$20||$106||$1,242||$104|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$248||$414||$334||$20||$100||$1,116||$93|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$294||$598||$314||$18||$94||$1,318||$110|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$296||$622||$378||$22||$114||$1,432||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific Atlanta garaging location which can change price quotes greatly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can influence Volkswagen Tiguan auto insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Georgia is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Tiguan in Atlanta, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Volkswagen Tiguan but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Tiguan more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Georgia is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The following are a few of the things used by companies to determine your rates.
- Discounts for GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Remove unneeded add-on coverages – Policies have add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Urban residents pay more – Living in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. People in densely populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- How much liability – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- What’s your car’s safety rating? – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Volkswagen Tiguan has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Vocation impacts rates – Jobs like fire fighters, executives and medical professionals tend to pay higher premium rates in part from stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, careers such as scientists, historians and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Claims statistics for a Volkswagen Tiguan – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will be charged more to insure.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen Tiguan vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen Tiguan Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 2WD 84 98 67 75 91 89 Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 4WD 93 101 85 82 80 90
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Tiguan insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Atlanta Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Atlanta can earn you a little savings because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple cars on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education in school.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and online signing.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for early shopping, homeowner, teen driver, multi-car, business and professional, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, air bags, federal employee, defensive driver, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, safety device, renters, online shopper, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, homeowner, bundle discounts, drive less, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, passive restraint, defensive driving training, accident-free, student away at school, and multiple policy.
Check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in every state. To locate companies who offer discounts in Atlanta, click this link.
When to contact a local insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Atlanta.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Atlanta that can give you free Atlanta car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you directly. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
When researching a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents in Atlanta can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to compare quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Featured below are Atlanta independent agencies who can help you get free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 – Atlanta, GA 30345 – (404) 633-4321 – View Map
- Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-7811 – View Map
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 – Atlanta, GA 30305 – (912) 355-4549 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Atlanta willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Dana Shivalier – State Farm Insurance Agent
1544 Piedmont Ave NE #107 – Atlanta, GA 30324 – (404) 892-0101 – View Map
- Eddie Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 – Atlanta, GA 30346 – (770) 394-5068 – View Map
- Trevor Nollner – State Farm Insurance Agent
881 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #17 – Atlanta, GA 30306 – (678) 515-8297 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
In the end, you can save money
The cheapest Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Atlanta is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Atlanta car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered a lot of techniques to lower your Volkswagen Tiguan insurance prices in Atlanta. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Atlanta car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)