Want to know how to find low-cost Volvo S60 insurance in Atlanta? Finding cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes online can be challenging if you have never taken advantage of online rate comparisons. But don’t surrender to high rates because it’s actually quite easy to find cheaper Volvo S60 in Atlanta.
Regrettably, most drivers in Georgia kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. American consumers can cut their rates by approximately $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
It’s important to compare prices periodically because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best deal on Volvo S60 insurance in Atlanta last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best methods to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques presented in this article. Pricing affordable auto insurance in Atlanta is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although Georgia car owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay.
Best companies for affordable Volvo S60 insurance in Georgia
The following companies can provide price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Five Things That Determine Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Job impacts rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers such as military generals, social workers and medical professionals generally pay higher rates than average in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, careers like professors, engineers and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Raise coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Volvo. Some coverage claims could be a broken windshield, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in a small town may provide you with better prices when it comes to insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates.
Women tend to cost less – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Men and women have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Performance affects insurance prices – The type of car you own makes a significant difference in your rates. Since the Volvo S60 is a compact car, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower when compared to the average rates in Atlanta. Smaller low performance passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Volvo S60 claim probability – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Volvo S60 Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable rates by getting discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Atlanta auto insurance quote. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Atlanta auto insurance quote when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, defensive driver, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, vehicle storage, new vehicle, multi-policy, loyalty savings, and military installation.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, early bird, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- Esurance may include discounts for emergency road assistance, renters, paid-in-full, defensive driver, and DriveSense.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for alternative fuel, business and professional, teen driver, good student, early shopping, multi-car, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Double check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agencies is still important in Atlanta.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you would like to find a good Atlanta insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents in Atlanta can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company so they can write business amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Atlanta who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Five Star Insurance Agency
191 Peachtree St NE Suite 3300 – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (678) 526-7979 – View Map
- Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 817-9744 – View Map
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 – Atlanta, GA 30329 – (404) 633-6332 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Atlanta that can give you comparison quotes.
- Jerome Johnson, Sr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
3101 Clairmont Rd b – Atlanta, GA 30329 – (404) 321-6688 – View Map
- Valerie Primas – State Farm Insurance Agent
2798 Lakewood Ave SW a – Atlanta, GA 30315 – (404) 209-1225 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Anissa Few Davenport
2030 Bolton Rd NW #200 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (678) 705-5898 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Atlanta?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles. Just remember you can cancel your coverage when you choose so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to any particular company with no way out.
How to know if you need help
Always remember that when buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Affordable rates are available
When buying insurance coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies work with independent agents. Cheap Volvo S60 insurance in Atlanta can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
Additional information is located below:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)