Want to learn how to find more competitive Volvo S80 insurance in Atlanta? Paying cheap prices for Volvo S80 insurance in Atlanta is quite difficult for beginners to comparing rates online. You have so many companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a challenge to compare prices on Volvo S80 insurance.
Statistics show that most insurance policyholders have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Atlanta could save themselves $960 a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
Buying affordable auto insurance in Atlanta is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have coverage now, you should be able to find better prices using the techniques presented in this article. Nevertheless, Georgia consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Companies offering Volvo S80 insurance in Georgia
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$328||$688||$370||$22||$110||$1,518||$127|
|S80 Executive AWD||$268||$652||$444||$26||$134||$1,524||$127|
|S80 V8 AWD||$362||$810||$444||$26||$134||$1,776||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in your specific Atlanta location which can affect auto insurance rates significantly.
Age, gender, and Volvo S80 insurance
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Volvo S80 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How Insurers Determine Volvo S80 Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help calculate car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower rates.
Listed below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Better prices on cars with good safety ratings - Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
- Cheaper rates by bundling - The majority of insurance companies apply discounts for people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
- Keep premiums low by being claim-free - Companies in Georgia generally give lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Single drivers take more risk - Having a significant other may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a significant other means you're more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Drivers with responsible credit save on car insurance - Credit history factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Volvo S80 by improving your rating.
- Insurance loss data for Volvo S80 vehicles - Insurance companies use claims history to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher premium rates. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Volvo S80 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Volvo S80 Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S80 4dr 2WD 82 Volvo S80 4dr 4WD 93
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Atlanta insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount available very clearly, so we researched a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- E-sign Discounts - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on S80 insurance in Atlanta.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class in high school.
- Distant College Student Discount - College-age children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for good student, youthful driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Allstate has discounts for defensive driver, safe driver, early signing, economy car, auto/life discount, and utility vehicle.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, accident-free, good student, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your state. To see a list of insurers with the best Volvo S80 insurance discounts in Georgia, click this link.
Insurance agents are trained to help
A small number of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Atlanta?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you want to use an insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta that are able to give rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Anissa Few Davenport
2030 Bolton Rd NW #200 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (678) 705-5898 - View Map
- Valerie Primas - State Farm Insurance Agent
2798 Lakewood Ave SW a - Atlanta, GA 30315 - (404) 209-1225 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Drew Niess
3133 Maple Dr NE Ste 100 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (404) 477-5500 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you contact at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get price quotes.
- Mack Insurance Agency, Inc.
530 Joseph E Lowery Blvd SW A - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (470) 771-3398 - View Map
- Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-9744 - View Map
- Five Star Insurance Agency
191 Peachtree St NE Suite 3300 - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (678) 526-7979 - View Map
The largest companies are not always cheapest
Popular insurance providers such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run television and radio advertisements. All the ads make the same claim that drivers will save a bundle just by moving to them. But how can every company charge less that you're paying now? You have to listen carefully.
Different companies quote the lowest rates for the type of customer that will not have excessive claims. For instance, a desirable risk might be described as over age 30, has a clean driving record, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any customer that fits those parameters will probably get cheap car insurance rates and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Insureds who are not a match for these standards will probably have to pay higher premiums which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is "customers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" can save as much as they claim. That's the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to compare rate quotes every year. You cannot predict which company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Which is the best insurance?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a "best" method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Discount Volvo S80 insurance in Atlanta is available from both online companies and with local Atlanta insurance agents, so you need to shop Atlanta car insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)