Would you like to stop wasting money and find cheaper Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Atlanta? Searching for low-cost insurance for your Volkswagen Atlas in Georgia could be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a Volkswagen and find the lowest price.
Getting a cheaper price on Volkswagen Atlas insurance is not rocket science. Just spend a little time getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheap Atlanta auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list the entire discount list very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Senior Discount – Seniors can get better auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with some auto insurance companies.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO permit an accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for student away at school, home ownership, continuous insurance, new car, driver training, good student, and multi-car.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, good driver, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly married, new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, multi-car, newly retired, and new graduate.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Atlanta.
Buying insurance from Atlanta car insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is especially important in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures to choose from. Insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the differences because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance rates, you should always check rates from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most can insure with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta that can give you competitive price quotes.
- Georgia Insurance Brokerage
193 Auburn Ave NE – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (404) 525-1600 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Slater Insurance Agency LLC
501 Pulliam St SW #514a – Atlanta, GA 30312 – (404) 474-6356 – View Map
- Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-7811 – View Map
These agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Trevor Nollner – State Farm Insurance Agent
881 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #17 – Atlanta, GA 30306 – (678) 515-8297 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Douglas Hollis
2195 Fairburn Rd SW – Atlanta, GA 30331 – (404) 629-1510 – View Map
- Randy Beavers – State Farm Insurance Agent
135 Mount Vernon Hwy – Atlanta, GA 30328 – (770) 396-3810 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Atlanta should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Atlanta?
After receiving reasonable responses to your questions and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you can cancel coverage any time you want so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific company for a certain time period.
Car insurance can get complicated
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Atlanta, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $869 every year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for liability – This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like attorney fees, loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Georgia state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like dental work, chiropractic care, surgery and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Volkswagen Atlas.
Due to the fact that many Georgia drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Atlas in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive car insurance – This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from flooding, rock chips in glass and a broken windshield. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
As you prepare to switch companies, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Cheap Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Atlanta can be found online in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
You just learned many ideas to reduce Volkswagen Atlas insurance prices online in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)