Want to know an easy way to compare cheaper Jeep Cherokee insurance in Atlanta? Comparison shopping for cheaper Jeep Cherokee insurance in Atlanta could be kind of frustrating for drivers not familiar with online price comparisons. There are so many choices that it can quickly become a ton of work to find more affordable rates in Georgia.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Drivers in Georgia could save themselves roughly 60% a year, but they think it's difficult to find affordable car insurance rates.
If you're already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using this information. Quoting and comparing cheaper coverage in Atlanta is not as hard as you think. Although Georgia vehicle owners must comprehend how insurance companies determine premium rates.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Three good reasons to insure your Cherokee
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in Atlanta, insurance is required in Georgia but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jeep at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to save money.
Atlanta insurance discounts for a Jeep Cherokee
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
Companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- The Hartford includes discounts for anti-theft, air bag, driver training, defensive driver, and bundle.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good student, accident-free, air bags, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, multi-policy, home ownership, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including early shopping, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, distant student, good student, and mature driver.
- USAA may offer discounts for annual mileage, defensive driver, driver training, family discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new move discount, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, newly retired, good student, and teen driver discount.
It's a good idea to ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Atlanta. To find insurance companies with the best discounts in Atlanta, click this link.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
Many drivers would rather go talk to an agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Atlanta that give free quotes for your business. You never need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Atlanta, get answers to these questions.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does their agency support local causes in Atlanta?
Exclusive and independent Atlanta car insurance agents
If you need to find a local Atlanta insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Atlanta may be either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta that can give you rate quotes.
- Barry Domangue - State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Peachtree St NE Ste 103 - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 853-3772 - View Map
- Kaitlin Ponce - State Farm Insurance Agent
2285 Peachtree Rd #204 - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 390-1190 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Drew Niess
3133 Maple Dr NE Ste 100 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (404) 477-5500 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies through many companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent agents in Atlanta who can help you get price quotes.
- Five Star Insurance Agency
191 Peachtree St NE Suite 3300 - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (678) 526-7979 - View Map
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E - Atlanta, GA 30340 - (770) 452-8881 - View Map
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (800) 634-2903 - View Map
Car insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair bills for other people's vehicles, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. Georgia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills like hospital visits, funeral costs and prosthetic devices. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your Cherokee caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with a tree, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your Cherokee to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a bird, falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Cherokee.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/25), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for Jeep Cherokee insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance in Atlanta is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Atlanta car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Atlanta, GA? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)