How long has it been since you shopped around for low-cost Lincoln MKS insurance in Atlanta? Trying to come up with a payment for expensive auto insurance can diminish your savings account and maybe even restrict other spending. Performing a price comparison can help to make sure you're not throwing money away.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that most drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Atlanta can save almost $1,000 each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
Drivers have many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Lincoln MKS insurance in Atlanta
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount they offer very well, so the below list has a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Telematics Devices - Policyholders that allow data collection to track vehicle usage by using a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military can result in better premium rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Atlanta car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Own a Home - Owning a home in Atlanta can help you save on insurance since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on MKS insurance in Atlanta.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, defensive driving training, passive restraint, good driver, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, multi-policy, seat belt use, driver training, federal employee, and membership and employees.
- Allstate includes discounts for passive restraint, premier discount, resident student, auto/life discount, 55 and retired, FullPay discount, and economy car.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safe driver, multi-car, safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-theft, drive less, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, good student, renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, and good driver.
Double check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Atlanta, click this link.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area helps you find the best offered rates.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Atlanta, GA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$344||$690||$452||$26||$136||$1,648||$137|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$412||$812||$342||$20||$102||$1,688||$141|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$468||$966||$452||$26||$136||$2,048||$171|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can influence insurance rates significantly.
Lincoln MKS liability rates compared to full coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKS annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no written rule to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Lincoln MKS claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Car insurance deductibles
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Lincoln MKS insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
What if I want to buy from local Atlanta auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to companies in Atlanta who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to your email. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How long has the business existed?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Atlanta?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Atlanta agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive agencies in Atlanta that can give you price quote information.
Eddie Sanders - State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 - Atlanta, GA 30346 - (770) 394-5068 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, you should always get insurance quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are Atlanta independent insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 892-2864 - View Map
Persistence pays off
We just covered many tips how you can save on Lincoln MKS insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Atlanta car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Some small companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
While you're price shopping online, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Discount Lincoln MKS insurance in Atlanta can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Atlanta, GA? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)