I can’t think of anyone who likes buying auto insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find better rates elsewhere.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Georgia drivers could save almost $1,000 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the benefits if they switched.
Vehicle owners have so many insurers to choose from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
We hope to teach you a little about how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. If you have auto insurance now, you should be able to cut your premiums using the ideas covered in this article. But Georgia car owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to compete online.
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from different companies. The easiest way by far to compare insurance prices is to jump online and get quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to call or drive to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing insurance rates online eliminates this option unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. However, consumers can compare the best prices online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices helps you find more affordable rates.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,368||$684||$114|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$1,504||$752||$125|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$1,160||$580||$97|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,122||$561||$94|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,110||$555||$93|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,432||$716||$119|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$1,394||$697||$116|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$948||$474||$79|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$916||$458||$76|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,600||$800||$133|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,458||$729||$122|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,394||$697||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Atlanta location which can impact rates greatly.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The example below shows the difference between insurance costs for male and female drivers in Atlanta. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in on a Ford Focus S.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Some companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with several vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will lower your insurance premiums.
Insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Savings may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best insurance discounts in Georgia, click this link.
You have control over your auto insurance prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
The itemized list below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on auto insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Good drivers pay less – Having a clean driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having a single moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who have received serious citations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent car theft.
- Safer vehicles means cheaper insurance – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your car or truck is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Lower rates by increasing physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find lower prices but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Atlanta.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you bids to get your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
When finding an insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Atlanta agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are Atlanta independent agencies who can help you get free price quotes.
Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-7811 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Atlanta that can give you price quote information.
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Atlanta, get answers to these questions.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How long has their agency been open in Atlanta?
- Does their agency support local causes in Atlanta?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Upon receiving acceptable answers to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy.
Can switching companies really save?
Respected companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads in print and on television. They all seem to tend to make the same promise that you’ll save big just by moving your coverage to them. It sounds good, but how can they all offer drivers better rates? This is the way they can do it.
Most companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that will be a good risk. A good example of a profitable customer could be over the age of 40, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. Someone that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred auto insurance rates in Atlanta and will most likely save a lot on Atlanta car insurance if they switch.
People who may not quite match those criteria will be quoted a higher rate and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s why companies can advertise the way they do.
This really emphasizes why drivers should compare rate quotes every year. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
Quote. Compare. Save.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More affordable auto insurance in Atlanta is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Atlanta car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)